Installation is pretty simple:
- Take note of the password on the download page. You'll need it to unzip your file set as it is password-protected.
- Unzip the file set to a new folder under your web root.
- Enable the provided Access (2000) dsn in ColdFusion Administrator. Default dsn name is 'gm480' but you can change this in /Application.cfm. The access .mdb file is located in the /data/ subfolder.
- Open up /Application.cfm and set any necessary defaults (paths, urls etc.). The file is documented via extensive comments.
- Run /index.html (which will automatically refresh to /gm_grids.cfm).
GridBuilder should run fine on ColdFusion 5+, and probably will run fine all the way back to ColdFusion 4.5.