(both free and registered versions)
version 5.0 will be available soon in both free and GridBuilder versions. Check out the Revision History for details
GridMonger creates a sophisticated, searchable add/edit/delete/view application in minutes. Just specify some parameters for a nearly instant solution. Save yourself days of coding and improve your feature set.
Loaded with features, GridMonger is comparable to tools costing hundreds of dollars.
- Its free! (you can buy GridBuilder for US$10, help support GridMonger's development and also get menu-driven grid builder).
- Spreadsheet/Grid-style tool includes combined next/previous, first/last and page-by-page navigation.
- Edit any record, add records or delete them.
- Submitted data can be validated against a regular expression and/or simply marked as 'required'.
- Easily specified field types allow the use of cfqueryparam in all SQL elements for best practice security.
- Your choice: inline (single or multi-line) or full-screen record editing.
- Shut off unwanted features easily.
- Sort and re-sort columns on the fly in ascending or descending order. Deny column sorting on individual comlumns if needed.
- Search on any column (exact and inexact matches allowed).
- Align columns as needed.
- Vary the rows displayed onscreen with a mouse click.
- Select which fields can or cannot be edited for even more flexibility.
- Create calculated columns using standard ColdFusiion field/variable syntax and operators.
- text fields can be edited in a full-featured WYSIWYG editor.
- Custom code includes can fire on inserts, updates or before displaying a line of data (specify a template for each operation).
- Expanded View lets you show a limited field set in the grid and a larger one with a mouse click.
- Show help next to your fields when in one of the full screen modes.
- Insert hidden fields with default data securely (without using hidden form fields).
- Include extra fields not seen in grid output.
- Specify default values when entering new records.
- Include custom parameters when you call external templates.
- Limited support for table joins.
- Supports normal text, textarea and drop-down form inputs.
- Fields can be live anchor (A HREF=... )links.
- Supports date/time stamp on inserts and date/time stamps on updates.
- Handy Demo Mode allows the application to behave normally but ignore edits.
- Smart structure allows many grids to reside on a single site without code replication.
- Easily apply formatting masks to date, time, date/time and boolean fields for easier viewing.
- Customizable colors selected via simple parameters.
- Comes with style sheet, sample graphics and layered original PSD files.
- Directly compatible with Access, SQL Server, mySQL, Oracle... and works with CF 5 and up (and CF 4.5.1 with a little help).
- Uses client management for persistence. No session management required.
- Includes sample Access 2000 database.