TreeMonger is a small demonstration app that illustrates how to build a simple yet powerful Explorer tree-style menu structure. Check it out, pick it apart and integrate its principles into your own project.
- The tree is persistent. Choices remain open or closed, just as you left them -- even between visits.
- Renders in simple HTML, so there are no browser compatibility issues.
- Click on icon expands the selection without altering the page location. Click on the page title to go to the desired page.
- Simple ColdFusion code needs only client management to maintain state. Easily converts to use session management if you like.
- Only two ColdFusion templates control the whole show.
- Comes with a sample Access database pre-populated with data. Just unzip, enable the datasource, name it in /Application.cfm and run /demo.cfm.
TreeMonger's interface has been kept simple and clean. However, if you want you can rework its simple layout into something much prettier as your needs dictate.
Show Me The Demo
Cool. I Want It.