- Get the tag from the Developer's Exchange (linked at left).
- Go here and download the latest copy of the HierMenus script.
- Unzip all of the files (MenuMonger and HierMenus) into the same folder.
- Enable the included Access database as a datasource on your server.
- Specify the name of your datasource on Line 6 of application.cfm.
- Locate the file hm_arrays.js and delete all of its contents. Save it, leaving it empty.
- Load index.cfm into your browser. It should run immediately.
What you now have is a working example. Examine the code (the menu making process is governed by two simple files) and database and incorporate it into your own project.
The MenuMonger system will make that a simple task.