Any Installation Tips?
For an install to run smoothly you need:
- Store client vars in a dsn per best practice. Storing them in the registry will work. Storing client vars in cookies won’t.
- You need table creation permissions to the db via CF. At least for the install process, which creates all tables and indexes. You can lock it down afterwards.
- For static and pseudo-static publishing to work, you need write permissions to the web root so either CFFILE or CFHTTP can do their work.
- CFFILE needs to be enabled so image and file downloads and uploads will work.
- CFDIRECTORY must be enabled so the various file managers will work.
- If you are running on Oracle, we tested all of our Oracle installs using either the Oracle ODBC connection (CF5 on down) or the CFMX Enterprise jdbc drivers.
- Your life will be easier/safer if you take advantage of a couple of optional CFX tags. Details are in the software (check the settings screen of the default section for links). The tools are